We are looking for a Driver to join our Transportation team!
This role provides support to the Finishing department by collecting materials, loading and unloading orders, and transporting orders to customers, and ensuring safe operation of vehicles.
The main responsibilities of the Driver will be:
- Drive vehicles (e.g. truck, van, forklift, etc.) for the purpose of transporting orders and materials (receiving and/or delivering) to customers and/or suppliers on both scheduled and unscheduled pickup and delivery routes
- Getting orders ready (on pallets, etc) for despatch
- Load and unload delivery trucks for the purpose of receiving stock and/or filling orders for transport
- Carry out preventative and regular maintenance for delivery vehicles (e.g. checking fluid levels, fuelling, cleaning, etc.)
- Ensure the cleanliness of all vehicles is maintained to a high standard
- Operating forklifts safely with due care taken to wear protective clothing and using protective equipment.
- Clean warehouse for the purpose of maintaining a safe work area
- Maintain records (e.g. delivery log, vehicle maintenance, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and providing reliable information.
- Participate in physical inventories for the purpose of verifying stock and identifying losses
- Prepare orders by pulling from stock for the purpose of meeting delivery requirements
- Meet all legislative requirements regarding driving, working time regulations, including the use of tachographs where appropriate.
- Alert management of any issues or concerns that may affect delivery and the safe operation of vehicles.
The Driver will have the following skillset:
- Ability to understand and comply with safety practices
- Ability to operate forklift and other equipment used in warehouse operations
- Ability to work without close supervision
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Very good interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with managers, colleagues & customers
- Experience of driving duties involving vans and trucks
- Experience in driving to tight schedules
- Current, full, endorsement-free valid UK driving licence*
- Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC)*
- Ability to meet physical demands such as significant lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling*
- Ability to work flexibly depending on work requirements, including the need to work weekends*
- Forklift training
- Manual Handling training
- Emergency First Aid Qualification
For more information or to apply for the role, please contact Rick Bleek on Rick.Bleek@smpgroup.co.uk and attach your CV.